- We believe our practice will grow by providing beautiful and comprehensive state-of-the-art dentistry in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere.
- We consider our patients as part of our extended family and strive to provide each patient the same care we would for a loved one.
- Our goal is to help our patients clarify and visualize their dental future. We promise to provide our patients the appropriate information they need in order to choose the best treatment option to meet their dental health goals.
- We are dedicated to strengthening our skills through a commitment to personal growth and continuing education.
- We believe all people are of equal value in the eyes of God and commit to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect.
Although our primary mission is to help our patients maintain and improve their oral health, we also believe in being good stewards of our environment. We are continually looking for ways to reduce our energy use, carbon footprint and the amount of general and toxic waste products.
Here are a few of the ways that our office is working to go green.
Digital Imaging and toxic waste products
- We recently completed the transition to fully digital x-rays. In addition to using less radiation, the use of digital imaging eliminates the need for toxic chemicals to develop the image and the lead foil waste generated by traditional film.
- Our amalgam separator, a special water filtration system, allows for the environmentally sound disposal of old silver-mercury amalgam fillings. It physically removes over 99% of the amalgam particles from the waste water to prevent mercury pollution of our streams and rivers.
- Programmable thermostats reduce the need to heat and cool the office during non-business hours.
- Energy efficient bulbs and ballasts are used wherever possible.
- Our disposal system uses a waterless RamVac Vacuum pump to create suction. As a dry system, no extra water is used.
Paper Consumption and Waste
- We recently completed the transition to a completely computerized charting and record system. Insurance claims are sent electronically, and even many insurance payments are being received electronically.
- Optional patient communications by email and text for appointment confirmations and other communications reduce the use of paper.
- We recycle paper, magazines, cardboard, ink cartridges and other materials wherever possible.
About our staff
Gary R. Templeman, DDS
Dr. Gary R. Templeman completed his Bachelor of Sciences degree in Biological Sciences at the University of California, Davis in 1976, graduating with Honors. He was accepted to the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1980, graduating in the top third of his class. At that time the UCSF School of Dentistry was considered one of the top 5 institutions in the United States for Clinical Dentistry. The same year he opened a private general dental practice in Cloverdale, California.
After building a successful business and practicing general dentistry in Cloverdale for 16 years, Dr. Templeman and his family relocated to Oregon for family ties.
Dr. Templeman has been a continuing member of the American Dental Association since his graduation and is currently a member of the Oregon Dental Association serving on the Annual Meeting Council and as a Delegate to the ODA House of Delegates. He is also currently Secretary for the Southern Willamette Dental Society and a volunteer staff member at the Corvallis Oregon Family History Center in addition to his private practice. He has previously served as the President of the Cloverdale, California Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Continuing Education Committee for the Redwood Empire Dental Society, and as Secretary and Vice President of the Southern Willamette Dental Society.
The desire for continual improvement through continuing education is the hallmark of a professional. For that reason, Dr. Templeman routinely attends almost twice as many classes each year than the minimum required for licensure. He is a regular participant in the Internet Dental Forum, an online group of over 500 dentists from around the world who share their knowledge and experiences of dentistry. More recently he has joined the NW Precedent research group, a collaborative venture of the University of Washington, Oregon Health Sciences University and over 150 dental practices in the Pacific Northwest.
Personal Interests and Family
Dr. Templeman has been married 32 years and is the proud father of 5 daughters. In addition to his time spent in family history research, he enjoys spending time with his family, including his 13 grandchildren, reading, tennis, gardening and fishing. Currently he is enjoying the challenge of learning video editing and digital restoration of old photographs.
Angie - Dental Hygienist
Angie has worked in the field of dentistry for over a decade in many different capacities. She started as a dental assistant in a general practice in 1995. She also spent a year as a front office schedule coordinator. She decided to return to hygiene school in 2000 & has been working in the valley since her graduation. She joined Dr. Templeman’s practice in September of 2005. Angie lives in Albany with her husband, two boys, and her dog Sam. In her free time Angie enjoys reading, camping, gardening, and coaching her son’s soccer team.
Jen McClaughry - Dental Assistant
Jen is the newest member of our staff. She graduated from Linn Benton Community College in 2005 as an expanded functions dental assistant. Jen lives in Monroe with her husband, her pug and her lab. In her free time she enjoys snowmobiling, camping, fishing and wakeboarding.
Jessica Burton - Business Manager
Jessica has five years experience as a chair-side dental assistant, in addition to running the front office. She graduated from Linn-Benton Community College in 2002 with an associate’s degree as well as becoming a certified dental assistant. Jessica joined Dr. Templeman’s practice in March of 2007. Jessica lives in Albany with her husband and two children, and enjoys cooking, camping, gardening, and spending time with family and friends.